Real weddings, wedding inspiration and style, gorgeous ideas,

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Vintage Spanish Flamenco Wedding

 
Sarah contacted me last year and booked me to help her create and style her dream wedding here in Spain.  All I can say about Sarah is I met a design soulmate.
 
Throughout the winter months we were designing and working on all the wedding details and I was hugely excited to see Sarah´s designs.
 
As Sarah is a fashion buyer, we were sharing design trends, up and coming colours, fab wesbites and inspirations. 
 
I loved receiving Sarah´s emails telling me about the English Vintage fayres she was visiting, what she was buying and her trips abroad to gain up to date fashion designs from around the world.
 
The details that Sarah created for her wedding were amazing from the gorgeous vintage flamenco style stationery to the handmade jewellery, lace and velvets on the dresses, it was a wedding heaven for me.
 
What I also loved about Sarah, is she trusted me and when I was busy she did not panic that she had not heard from me, she understood I would be back as soon as I had time to sit down and digest her emails properly.
 
And so the big day finally was imminent and I was so excited!
 
I had our new Petalos de Rosas Confetti Bags designed and printed, Dulces Bags for the candy bar, streams of white wedding papel picados to hang up, our silver vintage style glassware and spanish lace chair sashes with brooches all ready to dress and style Sarah and Danny´s magical day at the enchanting Cortijo Bravo Hotel in Velez Malaga.
 
The night before one of my most looked forward to weddings I was evacuated at 3am in the morning from my home, due to the awful fires along the coast last week.
 
All I could think was to grab all the details we had created for Sarah´s wedding along with the other weddings I had last weekend. 
 
Everything was thrown into my van as I shot off down the hill to escape the fires raging across the mountains here.
 
Despite all this drama for me and surviving on zero hours sleep we managed to complete this gorgeously styled Vintage Flamenco wedding for Sarah and Danny and I hope you love this as much as we did. 
 
My thanks for this wedding go to Anoulka, who is normally quiet and lets me do the talking, which I am very good at!
 
But after realising the night I had suffered and of course listening to my rather garbled account of the evacuation, Anoulka decided to chat to me on route to the hotel to keep me going whilst driving there and listened to what was needed to be done as she knew I had a tired mind and was not thinking clearly, so I was running through all the details that needed to be done on route to the venue.
 
Anoulka, as always, was a superstar, as she took over the styling and dressing of this wedding with instructions from me and made decisions when she realised I was vertical but not much else!
 
We do hope you enjoy this wedding and the gorgeous photos, our thanks to Anna Gazda for sharing these beautiful sneak peek photos with us :)  To Fi for creating this beautiful cake with gold leaf. To the venue for having a Russell Brand lookalike :)
 
We will show more of Sarah´s vintage flamenco inspired wedding with you over the winter months, but wanted to share a few piccies to show you what we have been up to, despite the disaster that unfolded last week here in Spain!


2 comments:

Wedding Decoration Service said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Just Weddingz said...

Such a nice wedding photos.