Real weddings, wedding inspiration and style, gorgeous ideas,

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hats Off to Google

I just wanted to shout out to Google who have been amazing this week.
 
I was alerted to a Copycat blogger earlier this week by
 
 
This blogger was copying my blog posts as if they were their own, word for word, picture for picture.  It is always very intrusive when this happens and very disconcerting especially when they are copying personal posts about events in my life.
 
So much work and effort goes into creating my blog posts, which occasionally include personal references as I waffle on about my life in Spain, share inspirations, often my own designs, talk about creating our weddings and sharing our weddings, and to see this sprawled across someone else´s blog is upsetting to say the least.
 
Anycase this is not the first time it has happened to me and will not be the last, I have  unfortunately had previous copycats.
 
I must shout out though about how brilliant Google have been from the moment I was alerted to this blog by Joseba , I was shocked and swiftly reported it that same evening to Google.
 
 Within 24 hours I had an email from the Google Team asking me for more information so they could investigate my infringement and copyright complaint. 
 
I sent Google more information which was not easy as there were so many pop ups on this particular blog it shut down my computer whilst I was trying to copy the copycat links.
 
 But having sent the Google Team more information late last night and informed them that over 50 of my blog posts were on this blog with some examples, I received an email tonight telling me they had investigated my infringement copyright complaint, and the offending blog has now been shut down :)
 
I am thrilled and all I can say to this person is go and find something else to blog about that is your own material and stop trying to copy others, that is not what blogs are about, we care, share and love what we do.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, how upsetting! I've had similar experiences. I feel for you. Glad you got it all sorted though! :)