Real weddings, wedding inspiration and style, gorgeous ideas,

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Lifestyle Boudoir Photography by Aleksandra Olejnik













Over the past five years I have watched the trend of lifestyle photography branching out and covering so many subjects as well as weddings.  

We have maternity shoots, new baby shoots, engagement shoots, family portraits and each day I look at many images of beautifully captured once in a lifetime moments taken by some very talented photographers.

About three years ago, I first heard of boudoir shoots and can´t say the idea caught my attention as felt, dare I say, it was slightly tacky but how wrong I was.    

It was only last year my view point on this new trend changed as I witnessed some of my brides presenting their new husbands with jaw dropping beautifully produced photographic albums full of creative and intimate images and realised how personal and special these photographs were and the effort that had been made to to create such a meaningful gift.  I loved the excitement between the bride and her bridesmaids as they admired the photos and were so excited about the surprise present about to be presented to the groom.

All these images are feminine, creative and beautifully thought through from the make up and hair to the outfits and having chatted to Aleksandra about producing these intimate photos she said she loves the reaction of the women she photographs as it gives them self confidence and a huge boost.  I love the fact you do not have to have a model figure or be incredibly beautiful, they are all evocative and seductive regardless of shape and size.

This is what lifestyle photography is, it is capturing everyday events and special moments and life in general, so it is a wonderful talent to be able to photograph and document this so well.

Aleksandra is a beautiful person and a wonderful photographer based here in Mijas whom I have had the pleasure of meeting on a few occasions as she has worked on some of our weddings and I personally love her work.  Aleksandra is available for both lifestyle and wedding photography and if you would like to see more do hop over to Aleksandra´s website and I am sure we will be seeing a lot more of her stunning and elegant images this year.

No comments: